Instagram Marketing Is A Perfect Match Of SEO And Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing and SEO are two important factors that you will need to keep in mind when you want to use social media channels for your business marketing. You will need to ensure that there is a perfect match between these and your marketing strategies.
If you are new in this field of online marketing it is natural that you will be unfamiliar with its aspects such as:
- Its technicalities
- The requirements and
- The trends you need to follow to stay ahead of your competition.
First, you will need to know that social media marketing SEO are not two different functions. Both these play a significant role in Instagram marketing as well. This means that you should create your Instagram marketing strategies keeping these two aspects in mind.
You must make sure that both these are weaved into all aspects of your marketing strategy. However, do not consider these to be the ranking signals for the search engines like Google or Bing. It will simply help you in increasing the visibility of your content and serve the SEO purposes of the search engines.
The steps you need to follow to optimize your social marketing platforms for more SEO and brand awareness includes:
- Use of proper and relative keywords and
- Link building.
As for the keywords, you can use them in your Bio, About, product descriptions, post headlines, blogs, articles, groups, categories and events. As for the links, you should use it in your profile bio. This will help you a lot in gaining more followers without requiring to buy automatic Instagram likes. This will make your efforts easy.
Choosing your platform
One of the most important things to determine when you want to make the best use of the social channels for your marketing is to choose the bet platform in the first place. Ideally, most of the marketers choose Instagram for different reasons such as:
- Its wide reach
- The useful tools that are only available to business accounts and most importantly
- Its photo and video sharing features.
However, there are other channels out there as well that are equally good such as Facebook. You will need to compare the two and then make an informed decision. For this, you will need to know the two different algorithms and its requirements and then align the results with your business goals and objectives.
- Facebook algorithm: With the change in the algorithm, now you can use Facebook much more than sharing status, updates, videos and pictures. The present algorithm is more suitable for marketers as more priority is given to sponsored posts. Just make it relevant and spam free.
- Instagram algorithm: This is all about pictures and videos that can be uploaded instantly. The algorithm as also seen changes and now it does not show posts on chronological order but according to the relevancy. The most significant difference between the two algorithms is that Instagram algorithm has a higher organic reach and hashtags plays a significant role here.
Therefore, Instagram has a definite edge over Facebook in terms of engagement, organic reach, conversion, lead generation and sales.
Steps for easy marketing on Instagram
To ensure that your Instagram marketing is moving in the right direction and providing you with the desired results, these are a couple of easy steps that you should follow.
- First, you will need to know your target audience so that you know what exactly to deliver. This will help you to communicate with them easily and resonate with them with your posts and product.
- Next, you must take out some time and put in some thought and effort in your profile building. You must ensure that it has all information about you but more about your product, the benefits that users will gain and its uniqueness. This will add a persona to your profile.
However, to get better results, make sure that you communicate with your users and also make sure that the demographics skew is slightly on the younger side. This is because statistics show:
- 25.2% of Instagram users are within the age range of 25 and 34
- 20.6% of users are between 18 and 24 years and
- 68% of Instagram users are female.
However, this does not mean that you cannot use Instagram if your target audience does not belong to any of these three categories.
Create a strong foundation
Just make sure that you know which specific audience you want to reach with your marketing efforts. Also make sure that you build a strong foundation to establish your marketing strategy and grow your business. There is myriad of different ways that you can use but all should be focused on:
- Establishing a faster and better communication with the followers
- Know what users are saying about your brand and
- Monitor the performance of your marketing strategies.
You must know the response, mentions and comments. This will help you to determine and analyze the reach and engagement of your posts.
The most significant pillars to build your marketing foundation are:
- Analytics and
These pillars along with the analytics tools will help you in social media listening and understand your specific set of audience to scale your Instagram posts and ads.
Things to consider
There are a few specific things that you need to consider when you run Instagram ads, contests and more. You will need to create the most engaging posts. For this you will have to encourage the users to follow your posts. You can do this by incorporating a few specific elements in your posts such as:
- customized GIFs and
You must also make sure that you do not restrict your campaign to Instagram only. Instead, you should use several social media platforms. This will give you a better chance to gain more engagements through your posts.
In the end, you must make sure that you test your ads and analyze the success metrics on a regular basis. If you see a downfall in the impact and engagement, do not delay in making the necessary changes in your strategy.