It is very tricky to understand the actual difference between plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and electric vehicles. EV works after plugging the battery into an electric charging station placed at home, highway, parking lots, workplaces, etc.
Whereas, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) are powered by a petrol or diesel system and an electric battery charged through a charging station. There is a huge market for a business electric car lease.
We must look for the difference between them, their operations, and the reasons you should choose one of them over gasoline vehicles.
Advantages of an Electric Vehicle:
• Eco Friendly- In the favor of saving the planet, these cars take the lead. They don’t have internal combustion engines and work on electric power via rechargeable batteries. They do not emit carbon monoxide and other car-related pollutants.
• Affordable- Governments all around the world agree that electric vehicles are the future. A lot of budgets have been utilized to support the availability of these vehicles. Electric car service Bracknell offers some amazing rental services for electric vehicles. The government has started ways to ease the accessibility of business and home charge stations.
• Energy Efficient- They convert more than 70% of the produced energy by the use of regenerative braking technology that recycles, and recaptures energy i.e. generated upon braking and powering the wheels.
• Good Range- Electric vehicles can go for about 150-300 miles on a single full charge without recharging.
• Smooth Performance- These cars can smoothly take you to your desired speed without even a jerk. They are so quiet than traditional vehicles.
• fewer Maintenance requirements- Due to their Regenerative braking system, their brakes live longer and require very low maintenance. They don’t need any oil change.
Electric Vehicles give a great deal of driver satisfaction and safety for everyone. It is a complete lifestyle makeover. The concept of driving a quiet and zero Carbon emission is the reason to shift to fully electric vehicles.
Advantages of a Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle:
• Refined- Plug-in hybrid vehicles are in the market for some time now, they are more improved and refined than they were initially introduced in the market. Their batteries have continuously improved with power and capacity.
• Versatility- Along with the ease to use conventional fuels, these cars can charge their battery through external power charging systems. They are best for the short-distanced rides as they can work on the battery power for 30-40 miles without using fuel.
• Long Range- PHEV can entirely run on electric mode when charged, also they can entirely operate on petrol/diesel when out of the charge.
• Relatively Affordable- Considering their ability to save fuel, versatility, environmental compatibility most of them are quite affordable.
No doubt there are a lot of advantages to switching to PHEV or EV. Finally, whether you want to go with a fully electric vehicle or hybrid vehicle, make the move with full confidence.